[eepro100] problems detecting eepro100 on RH 7.2 kernel 2.4.10

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue Jul 9 01:30:00 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Victor Chang wrote:

> Hello, I got your email from a newsgroup i found on
> google.  I have the 2.4.7-10 kernel installed
> successfully in my 4-way p200 machine 1G of ram.  I am
> trying to install 2.4.10, but it is giving me the
> problem: "Receiver lock-up bug exists: enabling
> work-around".

That's not a problem.  It's a informative message that is printed after
the card is found.  It indicates that the driver has enabled a
work-around for a very rare bug that happens at 10Mbps.

> Checking the /var/log/messages file, it indicates that
> it can't detect my ethernet card.

Getting this message indicates that the driver _has_ found your Ethernet
card.

> >From a newsgroup, I believe you asked for "lspci -n"
> output to understand why the ethernet card is not
> detected:
>
> 00:0b.0 Class 0200: 8086:1229 (rev 02)

That's the card, using same PCI ID that the original i82557 chip used.