[eepro100] problems detecting eepro100 on RH 7.2 kernel 2.4.10

Victor Chang changv10@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 8 11:21:01 2002

Please help !

Attention: Andrey V. Savochkin (or whoever is willing
to help me)...

Hello, I got your email from a newsgroup i found on
google.  I have the 2.4.7-10 kernel installed
successfully in my 4-way p200 machine 1G of ram.  I am
trying to install 2.4.10, but it is giving me the
problem: "Receiver lock-up bug exists: enabling
work-around".

Checking the /var/log/messages file, it indicates that
it can't detect my ethernet card.  How can this happen
if everything works fine in my 2.4.7-10 kernel?  The
.config files are virtually the same.

>From a newsgroup, I believe you asked for "lspci -n"
output to understand why the ethernet card is not
detected:

00:0b.0 Class 0200: 8086:1229 (rev 02)
00:0c.0 Class 0100: 9004:8178
00:0d.0 Class 0100: 9004:8178
00:0e.0 Class 0000: 8086:0482 (rev 15)
00:0f.0 Class ff00: 8086:0008
00:14.0 Class 0500: 8086:84c5 (rev 05)
00:19.0 Class 0600: 8086:84c4 (rev 06)
00:1a.0 Class 0600: 8086:84c4 (rev 06)
01:0b.0 Class 0100: 9004:8078
01:0c.0 Class 0100: 9004:8078
01:0e.0 Class 0100: 1014:002e (rev 0d)

I have tried adding : 'append "noapic"' to lilo.conf,
but it didn't change a thing.  Hope you can help me
out with this.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!
Victor.-