[eepro100] PCI EtherExpress Pro100 82557 "reports no resources"- "no rx buffers"

Ian Zapczynski ianz@quarterleaf.com
Wed Jul 3 09:41:01 2002

Hello Donald and all,

Of course you were correct - I've gotten the download *properly* and was able
to compile eepro100.o.  Unfortunately, when I do an insmod, I receive very
many "unresolved symbol" messages.  Please forgive me as I am pretty naive
about kernel and module compilation, but I am told this may mean that my
header files do not match my running kernel.  Is this indeed the likely cause?

A uname -r gives me "2.2.18pre11-va2.1smp" which is the VA Linux compilation
of Red Hat 6.1 or 6.2.  I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this
question, but I am wondering what my options are to get this module compiled
and loaded properly?  Do I need to compile a new kernel?  I'm not sure how to
get the *proper* headers for the running kernel if they weren't installed on
the unit in the first place.  And since VA Linux isn't *exactly* VA Linux
anymore, I'm not so sure how helpful they'd be.

Can anyone tell me where I should be going from here?

Thanks again in advance!

-Ian