[eepro100] Intel 82562ET EEPRO/100 freezing problems

Danilo Godec danci@agenda.si
Tue Jan 22 09:35:01 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Danilo Godec wrote:

> You can find the eepro100-diag utility on the
> ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/diag/ along with some other utilites. When you
> compile and run this utility, it tells you if your chip has the 'Standby
> enable' bit on and also suggests the appropriate command line to disable
> it.
>
> Right now, I'm going to plug one of my on-board LAN ports to the 10Mbps
> hub to see if this helps.

I've just tested the trick with eepro100-diag and it helped a bit - the
machine did not hang - yet. But it did come to the infamous 'eepro100:
wiat_for_cmd_done timeout!' message and network failing.

   D.