[eepro100] Intel 82562ET EEPRO/100 freezing problems

Danilo Godec danci@agenda.si
Tue Jan 22 02:19:01 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Lucian Daniel Kafka wrote:

> The website document doesn't say though how to do this. The software
> mentions using a "-G" argument, but that is not documented on the site.
>
> Is there some documentation stating how to do this?

You can find the eepro100-diag utility on the
ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/diag/ along with some other utilites. When you
compile and run this utility, it tells you if your chip has the 'Standby
enable' bit on and also suggests the appropriate command line to disable
it.

Right now, I'm going to plug one of my on-board LAN ports to the 10Mbps
hub to see if this helps.

   D.