[eepro100] Dell 4400 instability with eepro100 driver...

Gary Peltola clist@www-hosting.net
Sun Feb 17 00:54:00 2002

> > No, I have not tried the e100 drivers with 1GB of RAM. Is this just a thing
> > to try, or is there history to suggest it might work? Depending on what
> > other suggestion I get I will try this.
> >
> > Thanks for the idea.
> >
> > Sincerely,

I got a few flaky servers with the eepro100 (middle of night, would just stop responding to TCP-IP requests almost every night)

heres the isntructions that another host gave me for mine. I got 1 gig of ram in both machines (even at 512mb ram..they were
flaky)...since changing the crashes have pretty much stopped

A few easy instructions:

1.) Download this file to your server.  ftp://aiedownload.intel.com/df-support/2896/eng/e100-1.6.29.tar.gz

2.) Untar it.

3.) Go to the directory e100-1.6.29/src

4.) Type : make install (you need to have your proper kernel sources installed if running Redhat, or if you have a custom kernel,
you still need to have its dependency-files (you must not have done a 'make clean') as this will fail otherwise)

5.) Edit /etc/modules.conf and change all references to eepro100 to e100

6.) Reboot