[eepro100] Red Hat and eepro100 onboard stability

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri Aug 23 22:36:01 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Shaiful wrote:

> I have been using eepro100 onboard for Compaq
> server(Proliant) and desktop(Deskpro) with Red
> Hat(71.,7.2,7.3) with no success in stability. That
> means my PC hang after a few networking sessions.

Run 'eepro100-diag -ee' and check for the "sleep mode" bit.

> I have noticed a fine print on the driver page that
> only PCI version is supported. If that the case, is
> there any alternative driver for this onboard NIC.

The chip you have is PCI connected.  That doesn't require a physical PCI
slot.

The alternative is old ISA or "Xbus" connected cards, also named "EEPro".