[eepro100] KERNEL: assertion (flags&MSG_PEEK) failed at tcp.c(1463)

Wei Keong chooweikeong@pacific.net.sg
Fri Apr 26 20:37:01 2002

Donald, thanks for your prompt reply.

I've another server down with the same rx buffer problem again. The funny
thing is both servers were down in the morning (5-6 am) where processing
is the lowest. Don't really understand why the kernel has not enough
memory for the network card... Have tried the eepro-diag to see the card
'sleep mode' has been turn on and the results is negative.

Will tuning VM solve the problem? What are the possible side effects? I
still have a couple of server (with similar configs) and I'm not sure if I
should tune the VM, as a preventive messure. Please advise.

Thanks,
Wei Keong