[eepro100] eth[01]: card reports no resources

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon Apr 22 16:13:01 2002

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Christopher A. Stevens wrote:

> > > kernel: eth0: card reports no resources.
> > > kernel: eth1: card reports no resources.
> >
> > What driver version?  What was the detection message?
> The current version of the RAIDZONE O.S. is based on 2.4.16-10 kernel.
> The driver version/detection message is (from dmesg)
>
> eepro100.c:v109j-t 9/29/99 Donald ...
> eepro100.c $Revision: 1.36 $ 2000/11/17 Modified by Andrey ...

As the regular list readers know, I only support unmodified drivers.
But this is likely caused by the system configuration, and will be the
same with a driver variants.

> > Has the kernel source been modified, or the VM parameters changed?
>
> I don't think the virtual memory size had changed, since only the
> O.S. was upgraded and the original disk partitions are the same.  As for
> any other VM parameters or kernel modifications, I will have to forward
> this to RAIDZONE technical support and ask.

They should have tuned the VM parameters for the application.
Mention "VM bdflush tuning"

The key parameters are controlled at /proc/sys/vm/bdflush