[eepro100] Re: ... lots of Email addresses quickly

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu Apr 11 11:21:03 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, EEPro 100 List wrote:

> Is the list members only or not?

No.  All of the driver lists are open so that non-members can ask
questions.  Only the *-announce lists hold posts for moderation.

If the spammers continue to be aggressive I might have to change this
policy.  Curiously your message triggered a spam rule and was held
for moderation, while the original was not.  (And it wasn't the rule I
just added to catch "ADV:" and "Harvest".

> In any case, we should hunt these guys down with pitch forks etc...

I agree.
We would have fewer spammers if there were more pitchforks used.