[eepro100] HELP: eepro100: cmd_wait for(0xffffff90) timedout with(0xffffff90)!

John Madden jmadden@ivy.tec.in.us
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:59:55 -0500 (EST)

> Hey All,
> Im using Debian/kernel 2.2.19 with a single eepro100 on a dell 2450.
> Recently the network interface has been crashing every 8 hours, making
> the box unreachable (incoming and outgoing packets). When this happens,
> the following lines are printed to the syslog repeatedly until I
> restart the server:

Be careful with the 2450's -- we've had two of them that had this particular
problem, and the only solution that seemed to work for us was replacing the
dual port intel with two single port cards.  Since then, we haven't seen the
issue.  Then again, some of the 2450's don't have the dual port cards...

John

--
John Madden
UNIX Systems Engineer