[eepro100] Re: Problem on Intel Pro/100 751767-004 adapter

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 01:07:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 thhsieh@linux.org.tw wrote:

> For interests, I tried your driver as well. But it seems that your
> driver is still for kernel 2.3.X or even earlier, right? It cannot
> be compiled with kernel 2.4.12. The error messages said that:
>
> eepro100.c:125: pci-scan.h: No such file or directory
> eepro100.c:126: kern_compat.h: No such file or directory

You need both of these header files, and pci-scan.c.

These are part of the interface layer that allow the drivers to work
with most kernels back to 1.1.73 (!).

Finally, keep in mind that the Scyld Beowulf system makes it much easier
to keep a cluster running than an ad hoc combination of
workstation-oriented installations.