[eepro100] #define USE_IO 1

Tushar_Oza@Dell.com Tushar_Oza@Dell.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:27:04 -0500

Hello,

  The eepro100.c driver has a change from version 1.xx
to version 1.36 (which I am looking at). There was a line

#define USE_IO 1

This is now "deleted".

Because of this, the ioctl SIOCGIFMAP (which reads from
the dev structure dev->ioaddr) returns the
"ioremap"ped value of the phys addr (?)
(addr as seen in pci_config_space)

Can anyone, please, explain the following questions that I have?

a. What does that line really mean?
   I mean why would one want to do something like define to 1
   and then use

   #ifdef USE_IO .... #else.... #endif

   Does it serve any purpose?

b. Why was this line deleted in the later releases?
   Was it a mistake? Or was it on purpose? I would
   think it was the latter. :-)

c. Are there change logs available for this or
   any open source files, which would tell me
   why A particular change is made to A file??

d. How can I get the ioaddr (with this change in place)
   which would be the same as seen in /proc/ioports?
   (or as seen in /proc/pci)

 Thanks for all your help in advance.

  Please reply (CC:) to me as I am NOT subscribed
to the list currently.

      tushar

--
Work: (512) - 725 1790
Home: (512) - 238 0814

Disclaimer: I question and speak for myself.