[eepro100] shared interrupt (irq)

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@alcatel.at
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:23:19 +0200

Hello !

Ad 1 - reboot problem

For the answer here I need more information.
When it hangs, are there error messages ?
Do you use NFS ROOT ?
etc ....

Ad 2 - interrupt sharing

It is dependent of the devices and resources if there are sharable
or not. EEPRO100 devices are shareable, but for example IDE devices
(derived from the old ISA technology) are not. So you have problems
shareing IRQ15 for the 2nd IDE device and the EEPRO100.

If ISA devices need there fix non share IRQ, then set in the BIOS
	IRQ n   - RESERVED FOR ISA

The PnP and PCI devices will not use the IRQ line, and you can
resolve conflicts that way.

With friendly regards
	Christoph P.