[eepro100] eepro100 driver frequently dying in Linux 2.4.4

mlists mlists@garen.net
Sat, 19 May 2001 21:45:56 -0700

Hm, well I don't think 1-4 apply to my situation, especially since the
system wasn't under high load at all.  I also don't know what the '*'
and '=' are for, I thought perhaps it had printed out some buffers that
had gotten scribbled on due to a memory leak.  As for the code, it's
"eepro100.c" from the Linux 2.4.4 kernel in the drivers/net/ subdir.

Thanks,

-Garen

-----Original Message-----
From: eepro100-admin@scyld.com [mailto:eepro100-admin@scyld.com] On
Behalf Of Kallol Biswas
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 9:07 PM
To: mlists@barkley.garen.net
Cc: eepro100@scyld.com; kallol@bugula.fpk.hp.com
Subject: Re: [eepro100] eepro100 driver frequently dying in Linux 2.4.4

Hello Garen,
	     There are many bugs with 82559 hardware, a few of them:
1) if sleep mode is trned on(bit 2 of eeprom word 10,id reg) under heavy
stress the card fails to respond to read request, the pci agent
generates master abort.
2) The TCO controller eats incoming NFS fragments which looks like TCO
packets.
3) Under high network stress the card starts eating outgoing frames,
though posts command transmit command completed interrupt, and good
status, nothing gets transmitted over the wire. 4)Some times the card
fails self test and goes down, I believe it can't update memory for a
while when system is highly loaded.

There may be many more...
One good thing is there a workaround for every problem.

I don't know what the symbols '*' and '=' stand for at
Tx ring location 8 & 12.

Can you send me the source code for the driver? I will try to find what
caused the time out. Probably you will get responses from other
developers.

Kallol