[eepro100] 82559ER support

Afzal, Naeem M naeem.m.afzal@intel.com
Thu, 3 May 2001 11:04:15 -0700

Hi,

I am using linux kernel 2.3.99-pre3 and wanted to add support for 82259ER,
so this what I did to see if it will work. In eepro100.c I changed the
following line:

let's try to define 82559ER instead
static struct pci_device_id eepro100_pci_tbl[] __devinitdata = {
        { PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL, PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_82557,
                PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, },
        { 0,},
};

to this:

static struct pci_device_id eepro100_pci_tbl[] __devinitdata = {
        { PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL, PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_82559ER,
                PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, },
        { 0,},
};

During bootup, it did recognized the card but not able to bring this card.
Not sure what I am missing here

ifconfig eth0 gives:

root@Linux /root]$ifconfig eth0 up
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device or resource busy

I can configure all the other interface but cannot bring it up. Also, lsmod
does not show that eepro100 is loaded.

Please advise me what else I need to do to make it work.

thanks and regards

naeem

P.S. please make sure to cc me since I am not on the mailing list.