[eepro100] question on integrated ethernet on D850GB motherboard

Sri Ramkrishna sri@aracnet.com
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:00:24 -0800 (PST)

I have a question on the integrated eepro100 board.  I'm having some
serious problems with it.  I'm running 2.4.2 kernel and when I try to use
the driver it works for awhile unless I do something like say pull from
cvs.  At that point the machine completely hangs.  I can do nothing.  I
have to turn the power off.

I put in a pci card and disabled the built one and I no longer got any
hangs.  One thing I did notice is that when the driver is loaded the
integrated ethernet does not say "workaround for interface hang" or
something like that.

Should I get the latest patches from Donald's branch?  I don't even know
if it will work or not.  But I prefer to use the integrated lan rather
than a pci card since it just takes up a slot.

BTW I think it might be the same problem as this message:
http://www.scyld.com/pipermail/eepro100/2001-February/001543.html

Hopefully there is a workaround for this bug.

	sri