[eepro100] Tuning to get rid of RX-FIFO errors?

Ben Greear greearb@candelatech.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:05:25 -0700

I'm seeing a bunch of RX-FIFO errors on a Compaq 2-port Intel based
board.

I'm running it very fast (sustained 30Mbps tx, 17Mbps rx), and there are
two other ports doing the same speed.  The other two boards are
single-port Eepro cards, and show only 1 RX-FIFO error between them.
The 2-port has about 50k on each port, so far.  They have transmitted
about 13 Million packets and received 8 Million...  The CPU is maxed out.

I am curious if there are any values that I could tune to
make these errors go away, or is it just a problem with small buffers on
the NIC?

Thanks,
Ben

--