[eepro100] Stable kernel/driver configurations?

Tim Cutts tim.cutts@incyte.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:51:59 +0100

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 01:38:18PM -0700, Khyron wrote:
> Has anyone documented they're configurations to the
> point where they can claim that "kernel rev 2.x.y + driver version
> x.y.z" is stable. By stable, I mean the driver doesn't experience
> lockups or other connectivity failures (outside of the normal
> duplex mismatches, etc.), doesn't experience "card reports no resources"
> errors, or other problems which affect its ability to communicate
> with the network.
>
> Can anyone say, with any degree of certainty, which of the
> following combinations will work consistently:
>
> 2.2.18 + Intel e100 1.5.5
> 2.2.18 + Intel e100 1.6.6
> 2.2.18 + eepro100 1.09
> 2.2.18 + eepro100 1.13
> 2.2.18 + eepro100 1.20.2.10
>
> 2.4.5 + Intel e100 1.5.5
> 2.4.5 + Intel e100 1.6.6

It's looking as though 2.2.19 + e100 1.6.6 (+ BMC firmware upgrade for
STL2 motherboards, if applicable) is working well.  Our local sysadmin
reports that e100 1.6.6 also solves problems with several desktop
problems (recent Compaq workstations, mostly).

Tim.

--
Tim Cutts PhD                    Tel: +44 1223 454918
Incyte Genomics