[eepro100] Stable kernel/driver configurations?

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:46:58 -0300 (BRT)

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Khyron wrote:

> Can anyone say, with any degree of certainty, which of the
> following combinations will work consistently:

Short answer: it depends on what card you have. It depends a lot. I have
had a good experience with the e100 for my 815E-based board, but I know
others who haven't. YMWV.

> Any and all comments welcome. I want to gauge where the support
> for this hardware really is and whether its worth my (and my
> company's) time to continue attempting to make this hardware work
> or investigate non-Intel networking alternatives.

IMHO the last round of trouble I had has made me very unhappy with Intel,
but I think a bit of work will get the driver support top-on. It seems to
always happen with the latest round of hardware on Linux, and companies
seem reluctant at times to integrate work with the kernel itself (why does
the e100 even exist?). Definitely fixable problems.

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311