[eepro100] Sleep Bit mode and EEPROM fix?

Gordon Gere gagere@uwo.ca
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:44:59 -0400

	I haven't been able to figure out from your source exactly how to use
the -G flag, and it isn't documented on the webpage.  I was wondering if you
could tell me how it works and/or update the webpage with that information
if you have time.

> Now for another problem: I believe that several recent problems have
> been a result of the 559 swallowing what it thinks are management
> packets, but that we wanted to e.g. complete an MPI message.  Is there
> any way to turn off the management "feature"?

	As soon as I have "fixed" the sleep mode problem with our network cards I
will run my tests again, although I am skeptical about this fix since the
bug is dependant upon load and bonding two interfaces together would if
anything decrease load.  Perhaps it is when two interfaces are bonded
together since each single NIC interface only sees half of the packets this
confuses the 559 into thinking some packets are management packets in which
case it "eats" them.

	I have run tests bonding only eth0 to bond0 and bonding only eth1 to bond0,
and all of those tests run fine.  This eliminates the possibility of it
being a single network card that is faulty and the bonding module somehow
messing up.