[eepro100] eepro100 and Intel STL2 - Possible solution

Jorge Garcia jgarcia@cse.ucsc.edu
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 09:29:40 -0700 (PDT)

I was following this thread, since we were having almost the exact same
problems here in Santa Cruz. We had basically given up, and ordered a
machine with a different motherboard. As a last minute test, we decided to
go to Intel's web site and do all firmware upgrades available for the STL2
motherboard. We upgraded the BIOS and the BMC. The latter one is the one
that helps.

In our case, we upgraded the BMC from 1.16 to 1.19. This has solved the
problem with the ethernet with either the eepro100 driver or with Intel's
e100 driver.

Note: we are still switching motherboards, so our testing of this solution
has been very limited, but I wanted to post it here for the other people
that have been having problems with the STL2.

In summary: Go to Intel's site -

  http://appsr.cps.intel.com/scripts-df/Product_Filter.asp?ProductID=464

and grab the latest BMC upgrade (I think it's 1.19). Follow the
instructions in the readme file. (You may have to upgrade the BIOS, and
other stuff too). Then try again.

Good luck!

Jorge