[eepro100] Low power states in the 82559/82559ER chips

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:45:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Manpreet Singh wrote:

> Under what all conditions does the driver transition the chip from D0 to low
> power states and then what makes it recover ?

Read the code in your specific driver copy.

> Does it also go to sleep on link inactivity for a long time ?

No.

> And are the
> wake up events the same as the ones described in the Intel 82559 datasheets
> namely ARP/direct IP and other packets and link status change ?

The wake-up events are configured in the EEPROM.
We usually configure for Magic Packet only.  Link change and matching
packet (usually ARP) are less useful in most environments.