[eepro100] Low power states in the 82559/82559ER chips

Manpreet Singh Manpreet.Singh@efi.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:57:15 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C105A5.D5734A90

Hi,

Do we need any support in the eepro100 driver to make use of the D0 to D3
low power states of the 82559ER chip ?

The Intel spec is confusing on this. It is specified that the PME# signal is
enabled on a wake-up event. But I am not clear on whether the PME#
automatically triggers the chip into a D0 state ( from a D1 or D2 ) or does
the driver need to take note of this and change the state of the chip to D0.

I would appreciate help in this regard.

Thanks,
Manpreet.