[eepro100] EEPro100 on Intel D815AAEEL Motherboard

Dave Filchak dave@zuka.net
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:40:57 -0500

I am trying to complete an installation on the following machine: PIII 800 /
256 MB Ram / 15 gig ATA100 HD using Intel D815AAEEL motherboard with built
in IntelPro100 Ethernet card.  The machine also has a SCSI subsystem using
an ATTO EXPRESS Ultra SCSI card.  All works well except I am not able to get
RH7 to recognize the Ethernet card using the eepro100 module.  I read that
this MB has had problems with this and can be fixed by either updating the
eepro100 module or 'repatching' it.  Another possibility is an IRQ conflict.
Can anyone explain to me how to update and/or re-patch the eepro100 module
and/or check and reassign the IRQ under RH7?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Dave

David Filchak - President
Zuka Interactive Services Inc.