[eepro100] Alias interface eth0:1 on eepro100

dstein2203@t-online.de dstein2203@t-online.de
14 Feb 2001 05:26 GMT

Hi

I am new to this list, but went through the archives if someone had
asked my question before but can't find any answer.

I am trying to get two logical interfaces working on one physical
interface, eth0 and eth0:0 (or eth0:1, as you like it). This seems to work on
every 3com card, but I can't get it working on a eepro100 (card shipped
with Compaq DL380).

Command ifconfig produces the following output (ifconfig eth0:1
149.208.7.183):

SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device

My module configuration is just

alias eth0 eepro100 options=0x20 full_duplex=1

But I think is isn't read, while I had bound eepro100 module within the
ramdisk...

Question: is this impossible with eepro100 chips or is there a special
option for it?

Dietmar