[eepro100] Integrated Pro/100 on Intel D815EEA

Ariel Cohen arielexc@yahoo.com
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:03:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

The eepro100 driver in 2.4 kernels seems to have
problems with the integrated Pro/100 on Intel's
D815EEA motherboard (based on the 815E chipset).

One issue is that the driver detects two NICs: eth0
which is detected as an "Intel Corporation 82820 820
(Camino 2) Chipset Ethernet", and eth1 which is
detected as "Intel Corporation 82557 [Ethernet Pro
100]". Only eth1 works. This happens regardless of
whether the driver is compiled into the kernel or as a
module. This detection problem didn't exist with the
2.2 kernels that I tried (2.2.16 and 2.2.18).

Another issue is that the driver in kernel 2.4.1
complains about "eth1: card reports no resources" once
in a while, and the network connectivity becomes
flaky. I didn't encounter this problem with the driver
in kernel 2.4.0. Again, this is with the D815EEA
integrated Pro/100. I know the driver in 2.4.1 is
patched to solve the "resources" problem, but this
patch seems to actually produce this problem with the
D815EEA, while the problem doesn't appear with the
2.4.0 driver!

Any ideas how to fix these issues?

Thanks,

Ariel Cohen