[eepro100] eepro100:"card reports no resources"

Louis Mandelstam louism@infosat.net
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 18:06:54 +0200 (SAST)

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Behrang Khoshnood (LMC) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We get "card reports no resources" all the time, with the frequency
> apparently related to load (or rather, we see them more frequently
> during our peak times). The only kernel message being logged repeatedly is
> "card
> reports no resources". We are sure that there is enough memory and the load
> is not too much for 100baseT line.

Wow, that description sounds EXTREMELY familiar. :)

> we are using eepro100.c:v1.091 with 4 cpu. The current value for Increase
> RX_RING_SIZE is 32. I read in one the emails that increasing this value
> might solve the problem.If yes, what value should i use?
> Is it possible that using 4 cpu has any thing to do with this problem ? (

I eventually got rid of the problem by upgrading to v1.21 of the eepro100
driver.

Louis Mandelstam                    Technical Manager, Infoline (Pty) Ltd