[eepro100] problem with Debian woody freeze (possibly eepro 100 problem)

Faheem Mitha faheem@email.unc.edu
Tue Dec 25 23:21:00 2001

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001, Donald Becker wrote:

> OK, then try the updated driver at
>    http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.html
>       ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/eepro100.c
> using the instructions at
>    http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html
>
> Don't use the source RPM -- it has not been updated for the changes in
> the latest 2.4 kernels.

I just thought I would report that I tried the Intel driver (e100) for
which Debian provides sources. I compiled and installed the 2.2.19 kernel
with this kernel module using Debian's semi-automated methods, and it
seems to work Ok.  I haven't experienced any hangs so far (before, it was
hanging all the time). I'll report back if I experience any problems.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my message. The Debian package is listed
below. This is the package currently in testing and unstable, and is
slightly older than the one on Intel's web site. This will probably be of
limited use to anyone not running Debian.

ii  e100-source    1.6.22-3       module source for Intel's e100 open
source driver

For general reference I am also listing the url for the Intel driver. You
will need to pick the exact version of your card and your operating sytem
from the menu.

http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/21397.htm

                                      Sincerely, Faheem Mitha.