[eepro100] eepro100: wait_for_cmd timeout

Luminescent luminescent@users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 6 23:40:01 2001

Hello. I'm trying to use the eepro100 driver on my laptop (running
debian unstable, kernel 2.4.14), in a 10Mbps 1/2 duplex network... The
card works, but during a fast download, or just randomly, i get the
imfamous "eepro100: wait_for_cmd timeout!" error, and I can't continue
using the network until I run /etc/init.d/networking restart...

Is there any solution to this? I've found a few people who said they had
patches, but when I tried to apply them, it seemed as though they were
for different versions of eepro100.c then the one I have...

Any help would be extremely appreciated! This is such an irritating
problem...

-Chris