[eepro100] Performance improvement.

Ofer Fryman ofer@shunra.co.il
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:41:13 +0200

Hello Dori,

I got some response from people that Intel does not use GNU license for
their driver, so after looking at the license, which is scary, I left this
issue erased all code that is relevant to it, I really do not want to get in
trouble with Intel simply for trying to improve their products. I am now
looking for another chip that as an open source driver with interrupt
mitigation support.

Any way after improving only the eepro100 I got 400Mbit throughput (in and
out, 800Mbit passes through the driver and the card) with large packets
(1518Bytes), off course I use 66/64 PCI bus, my trouble remained with short
packets due to no interrupt mitigation, I will be happy to share my eepro100
code, since there is no restrictions on it.

If you can help me get Intel's permission to work on their driver, and also
get some specs on the interrupt mitigation I will be glad to go back to
improve this driver.

Ofer

-----Original Message-----
From: Eldar, Dori [mailto:dori.eldar@intel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 10:02 PM
To: 'ofer@shunra.co.il'
Subject: Re: [eepro100] Performance improvement.

I combined eepro100 and e100 drivers, I now get throughput of 84K short
packets, still it is bad, is there any one out there who need performance
improvement that can help improve the driver more?, I will be glad to share
the new code with everybody.

Well I'm interested to see your code, can you send it to me or post it some
where ?

Thanks Dori