[eepro100] Performance

Ofer Fryman ofer@shunra.co.il
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:18:24 +0200

I checked eepro100 vs. to Intel's e100, with ixia throughput test. results
where that after improving eepro100 driver I get 400Mbps with large packets
check and 50 Mbps with small packets (64B), to my surprise with e100 I got
very bad results which are not worth mention. I expected e100 to be better
at least  with small packets since it reduces the amount of interrupts.

So did anyone got better results with this card, I tried to reduce the
number of interrupts in the eepro100 driver as it is done in e100, but so
far failed to reprogram the eeprom to do so.

Best regards,
Ofer Fryman
Shunra Software LTD.  - R&D
email: ofer@shunra.com