[eepro100] Problem on Compaq 6400R with 2.4.2 SMP

Blake Barnett Blake.Barnett@DevelopOnline.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 19:05:35 -0700

I'm running a Compaq Proliant 6400R, 4GB memory, Quad Xeon

I've tried this with both dual-port and single-port eepro100's
(Unfortunately it's all we have in the office.)

When I enable SMP, I get errors such as:

NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: trasmit timed out: status xxxx  xxxx at xx/xx
commands blah blah blah
Tx ring dump, Tx queue xx / xx:
etc. etc. etc.

There's about 10 pages of similar messages... I'll attach a screen scrape
once I get the box back online.

If I disable SMP and re-compile the kernel, everything works wonderfully.
Is this a known problem?

Blake Barnett
Sr. Unix Administrator for DevelopOnline.com
480.377.6816 T 480.736.9211 F
blake.barnett@developonline.com