[eepro100] Re: system hangs @ boot-time when bringing up eth0

Krawl, Roeland RKrawl@microtest.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:07:38 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C01928.CC44F6E0

I believe that the "No buffers" and "No resources" problem would get fixed a
lot sooner if Intel would permit the free flow of information about
controlling the 82557, 82558, and 82559. Perhaps the day will come when a
programmer's model of the chip can be obtained without having to sign an NDA
to obtain the super secret programmer's model. It would seem logical that
Ethernet chip manufacturers would want to assist driver developers in any
way they could to improve the robustness of drivers and to boost
sales/popularity of their chips.

Can anyone say concretely that the "No buffers" and "No resources" problem
occurs only with the 82559 chip?