[eepro100] Re: Compile errors under Red Hat 7.0

Andrey Savochkin saw@saw.sw.com.sg
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 21:02:47 +0800

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 03:19:26PM -0700, Janusz Kolodziejczyk wrote:

> I am trying to recompile the driver included in Red Hat 7.0 ( kernel 2.2.16
> )
> Please look at the outputs and help me understand what is going on in this
> release.

> [user@vishnu ee120]$ gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet
> -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c eepro100.c `[ -f
> /usr/include/linux/modversions.h ] && echo -DMODVERSIONS`
> In file included from eepro100.c:107:
> /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1:2: #error Modules should never use
> kernel-headers system headers,
> /usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2:2: #error but headers from an appropriate
> kernel-source

You need to unpack kernel sources, configure (and, preferrably compile) the
kernel for yourself and then try to compile the module.
I suppose, it's a new redhat policy about the kernel headers, and you may
also ask redhat's support about what's going on and how to cope with it.

Best regards
					Andrey V.
					Savochkin