[eepro100] Re: Need help correcting the following error

Daniel Veillard Daniel.Veillard@w3.org
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:20:00 +0200

> Receiving ring is ok;
>
> > eth0: Transmit timed out: status f048  0000 at 696171120/696171148 command 0001a000.
>
> but the status is what's interesting there.
> It means that the hardware receiver is in stopped state because it thinks
> that we don't have enough buffers.  It may happen, for example, when the
> traffic bursts.
> The question is why it didn't recover after that.
> I'll think why it may happen.

  Two points to consider:
    - this is an SMP system, fr.rpmfind.net is uniprocessor show those
      kind of errors but don't block
    - this is an oooold eepro100 chipset, and this really looks like the
      hardware is stuck (unloading/reloading the module don't help, reset
      does it).

maybe this card should just have ended in the trash bin a long time ago :-)

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | libxml gnome XML toolkit
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | http://xmlsoft.org/