[eepro100] Problems with onboard I82559er onboard Interface on embedded PC

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:49:57 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, [iso-8859-1] Michael Köhler wrote:

> I have a problem making the onboard interface on an Jumptec Cool Monster
> work.

I've never heard of that hardware.  What does it do?

> I tried the recent driver from scyld. The problem seems to be, that the
> EEPROM contents
> (which includes the HW MAC) is not read out correctly.
> Trying an ifconfig after installing the driver module (any of the one I
> tried) gives an HW MAC
> address of FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF. Checking the interface chip with eepro100-diag
> EEPROM size probe returned 0xfffffff, 8 bit address.

It doesn't appear that you have an EEPROM of any size.
Or perhaps the board isn't mapped into I/O space.

Can you read any registers from the chip?