[eepro100] Linux Full Duplex

Frederick Barnes frmb2@ukc.ac.uk
Thu, 25 May 2000 17:32:24 +0100

Donald Becker wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2000, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:
>
> > zeus kernel: eth0: Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100 at 0xfce0,
> > 00:A0:C9:83:07:9E, IRQ 5
> > 	Questions: Is this board 100Mbps FULL duplex capable ?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If the answer is
> > yes, how can I enable it ? The NIC is plugged on a Cisco 100Mbit FULL
> > duplex capable switch, with autonegotiation, but Linux isn=B4t getting =
> full
> > duplex automatically on, as its supposed to be.
>
> It should negotiate full duplex automatically.
> Run 'mii-diag' or 'mii-diag --watch' to see the status
>    http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
>
> If you have forced full duplex on the Cisco, you have disabled
> autonegotiation.  Turn it back on.

Almost coincidently, I had this exact scenario last night.  I have
an Intel 550T switch, which I'd misconfigured to force full-duplex
on the ports.  Of course, this didn't work very well...  Once set
to auto-negotation, Linux changed from half to full without any
interaction from me.

Fred.
--
Fred Barnes, PhD research student, UKC.  http://nuked.xylene.com/