What settings for a large load?

Kevin Mills kmills@aventail.com
Fri May 5 23:45:51 2000

> The socket is TCP, isn't it?

Yes, all TCP.

> OK, if you're insisting on setting issue, 'card reports no
> resources' means
> that your system temporary run short of free memory.  Increase
> /proc/sys/vm/freepages numbers.

Well, the machine has 512 MB of RAM and I never see it go above 280 MB used
so I don't think I'm running out of RAM.  /proc/sys/vm/freepages gives me
'256 512 768'.

> I expect, too.
> Dig out further.  Make your dumps and netstat output publicly
> available, may
> be somebody gets the idea.

I'll get those together and post the interesting parts.  In the meantime,
humor me:  What settings would you tweak in the driver to give better
performance even if it uses a lot of memory?

Thanks.