Transmit timed out error

Andrey Savochkin saw@saw.sw.com.sg
Tue May 2 01:10:02 2000

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 03:16:17PM -0400, Kallol Biswas wrote:
> FYI, we used to get transmit DMA timeout and chip hang on 82559 driver
> whenever we would stress the system. Our previous design was very similar
> to Donald Becker's driver, but changing the transmit path a little
> all these problems have gone away. Anyway, I am thinking to help Donald
> in solving the transmit timeout error permanently in eepro100.c if it
> still exists.
>
> Could some one tell me where can I get the latest eepro100.c and
> eepro100.h?

There are several clones of the driver.
Donald's latest driver is at ftp://scyld.com/pub/network/
My driver is at ftp://ftp.sw.com.sg/pub/Linux/people/saw/kernel/
Latest mainstream kernel prepatches (for 2.2.15 and 2.3.99) have my drivers.

BTW, people have reported about some problems with my recent driver and
DP83840 based cards made by HP.  Do you have possibilities to help to track
down the problems?

Best regards
					Andrey V.
					Savochkin