Intel PRO/100 Cardbus II with 82559 chip

David Hinds dhinds@valinux.com
Mon Mar 27 03:06:29 2000

On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 11:51:42PM -0700, John Matthews wrote:
> Dave,
>     I tried that patch and only one of five hunks succeeded on the patch.
> The patch is dated June 1999 so I'm wondering if there might be something
> newer.

You are welcome to try to patch the driver by hand, but as I said, I
have not even tested the patch I sent you (I don't have any such
card), and no one seems to want to work on it, so you're more or less
on your own.  If I had more time, I'd offer to help, but I have to
give a higher priority to fixing problems with cards that are already
supposed to be supported.

> Donald Becker's Web page says that his driver supports cardbus but I
> can't find any directions on how to install it for cardbus.

I would not hold my breath waiting for a response; Donald stopped
supporting his drivers about six months ago.  The driver does not
support Cardbus as is: the web page is wrong.

-- Dave