[eepro100] Re: 82559 and receiver lock-up bug.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:06:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Frederick Barnes wrote:

> >     Has any one ever hit the receiver lock-up bug?
>
> yup, experiencing it quite a lot at the moment :(
>
> > A multicast command to the adapter is a workaround to this
> > bug. If you are doing a rcp of a very big file (> 1 GB file)
> > does this work around help? My driver locked up many times
> > during a large file transfer.

You are confusing two problems: the hardware bug, and the bug in the
modified driver that causes the receiver to report "no resources".

The hardware bug is the one that is restarted by the set-rx-mode command.
It's very rarely triggered.  The new driver bug cannot be cleared by
CU (Command Unit) operations.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf Clusters / Linux Installations
Annapolis MD 21403