[eepro100] Problems with Intel PRO/100 CardBus II

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:02:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Daniel Wolstenholme wrote:

> I have an Intel PRO/100 CardBus II (32 bit) on my laptop which I've been
> trying to get to work with RedHat 6.2 on an IBM Thinkpad 600X.  First I
> tried using the eepro100 kernel module which was included in RH6.2, and
> later I tried the newest eepro100 driver version from Scyld.  Both had
> the same results.  The driver, upon trying to
> load, gives this error message:
>
> eth0: Invalid EEPROM checksum 0x0000, check settings before activating
> this device!
> Self test failed, status ffffffff:
>  Failure to initialize the i82557.
>  Verify that the card is a bus-master capable slot.
> PCI: Increasing latency timer of device 02:00 to 64

What were the other messags?  This is a CardBus card, so there must have
been a set of messages about the card detection and mapping.

The problem is the mapping -- the card doesn't exist in I/O space.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf Clusters / Linux Installations
Annapolis MD 21403