[eepro100] Problems with Intel PRO/100 CardBus II

Daniel Wolstenholme dwolsten@extremezone.com
Tue, 04 Jul 2000 22:56:46 -0700

Hi,
I have an Intel PRO/100 CardBus II (32 bit) on my laptop which I've been
trying to get to work with RedHat 6.2 on an IBM Thinkpad 600X.  First I
tried using the eepro100 kernel module which was included in RH6.2, and
later I tried the newest eepro100 driver version from Scyld.  Both had
the same results.  The driver, upon trying to
load, gives this error message:

eth0: Invalid EEPROM checksum 0x0000, check settings before activating
this device!
Self test failed, status ffffffff:
 Failure to initialize the i82557.
 Verify that the card is a bus-master capable slot.
PCI: Increasing latency timer of device 02:00 to 64

Am I doing something wrong or is this card not supported by this driver?
Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Wolstenholme                    email: daniel@wolstenholme.net
Acura Integra Modification Page           http://dwolsten.tripod.com/
features: Honda articles, rear wiper controller, and many unique mods