[eepro100] Re: urgent question about linux driver

Andrey Savochkin saw@saw.sw.com.sg
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 19:58:18 +0800

On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 11:40:08PM +0900, ??? wrote:
> I'm very sorry for my somewhat wrong infomation from my previous mail.
> I've tested more options and got some different result.
> 2.2.14 got the similar result to 2.0.36 when I configured some options.
> bi-directional test also got the similar result to uni-directional test, too.
>
> (below is in 2.2.14 kernel:)
> The default eepro100 module reported "Too much work at interrupt..." and
> "card reports no resources" and could not send or receive any packets.
> After I reloaded the module with "max_interrupt_work=800 options=0x30,0x30
> rx_copybreak=10 ", the driver worked well.
> But It still reported "card reports no resource" and stop to work sometimes.

Judging from the message "card reports no resources", you use a driver newer
than in 2.2.14.  In any case, "no resources" is a real problem, and I'm
working on the solution.

Best regards
					Andrey V.
					Savochkin