[eepro100] 'Card Reports No Resources' errors, with a twist...

Basil Hussain basil.hussain@specialreserve.net
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 09:21:15 +0000

Hi,

> first thing to try...
> compile the eepro as a module instead of into the kernel...

It is being loaded as a module already. I should've said specifically that
this is a stock install of RedHat 6.2, using the EEPro100 driver module from
that.

> you can try e100.tar.gz from intel also...

I had considered that, and have heard that they had RPMs of their drivers
for kernel version 2.2.14 (wonder why only that?), which is what RH 6.2
runs. However, I visited the site and only saw the source tarball. Not a lot
of use to me, I'm afraid, due to reasons below.

>> If I do need to upgrade, I'm running a bare setup on this server (for
>> security) with no development utilities or compilers - so I'll need a binary
>> distribution. Is there one?

> compile the nic drivers etc on other machines and copy the new kernel
> and modules over to your target box ??? but if you lack realiable network
> connectivity....hummm

That could be a good idea. If I could find a spare machine and set it up
with the same network card and kernel I can compile a newer revision of the
EEPro100 module (or Intel's driver) and copy it over. If only I *did* have a
spare machine... :(

Regards,

Basil Hussain (basil.hussain@specialreserve.net)