[eepro100] Network wierdness with Compaq DL-360 in SMP mode

Edward Moon em@mooned.org
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:55:13 -0700 (PDT)

I installed Redhat Linux 6.2 (and upgraded the kernel to 2.2.16) onto a
dual processor Compaq DL-360 equipped with 2 EtherExpress NICs on the
motherboard.

I've experienced lock ups when bringing an interface up/down or in
netconfig. During the lock up, the hard drive activity light goes on and
the system becomes unresponsive.

Playing around a bit, I don't have this problem when I boot in
uni processor mode.

I've read the previous thread on the Compaq DL-360 and I'll run SmartStart
and change the OS to Linux and see if that helps.

Can anyone else suggest what else I can try?

Thanks,