[eepro100] Transmitter Timeout -- addednum

chris chris@soma.978.org
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:13:39 -0700

I can't figure this out for the life of me.

I'm assuming that what you mean by s-bit is "Suspend bit"?

If so I see what they did in the intel driver:

in function cu_100_start():

			/* On an ICH network controller at 10/H we must issue a NOOP
			 * before each CU_RESUME */
			if ((bddp->flags & IS_ICH) &&
			    (bddp->cur_line_speed == 10) &&
			    (bddp->cur_dplx_mode == 1)) {
				e100_exec_cmd(bdp, SCB_CUC_NOOP, B_TRUE);
				drv_usecwait(1);
			}

I put a printk() in the speedo_resume() (which I would assume is called
after a suspend) function and it seems that the speedo_resume() function
is only called upon brining up the interfaces. . . it seems to be
completely unrelated to the TX lock-up.

I put the following line in speedo_resume() to send a NOOP to the card
as suggested anyway:

outl(CmdNOp, ioaddr + SCBCmd);

with no avail.

I also tried under-clocking the PCI bus just for kicks and it did not
help. . .

Did I comlpletely miss the boat here Kallol?  I'm sorry for being such a
pain :(.
Donald, Andrey, would you please give me a hand with this?  Does the
data I sent in the previos e-mails ring any bells?

Thanks for all the help. ..

--Chris