Determining device names

Gerard MacNeil macneil@supercity.ns.ca
Wed Apr 12 15:07:00 2000

The eth0, eth1, eth2, etc are aliases specified in /etc/modules.conf (AKA
conf.modules from the past).  Each distribution has it's own particular
method of twist on configuring modules.  Generally, in
/etc/modules.conf you need

alias eth0 eepro100
options eth0 irq=?? io=0x????
alias eth1 eepro100
options eth1 irq=?? io=0x????
alias eth2 eepro100
options eth2 irq=?? io=0x????

lspci (older version cat /proc/pci) should give you the IRQ and io address
for each card.

Consult your distribution installation documents for the proper
methodology for loading modules.