Er, from what perspective? -- Re: eepro 100 falling asleep?

Patrick Wagstrom patrick@lecltd.com
Sun Apr 9 23:39:10 2000

I doubht it's a power management issue.  The problem appears in several
our systems.   Two of them are VA servers with no sort of power
management, and it appears in two dell workstations.  The kernels in
these systems vary quite a bit.  From the default redhat 6.0 kernel to
highly customized 2.2.14 on a debian system.  As near as I can tell
there is no common link between these guys aside from eepro with the
82557.

Right now the cron job thing seems to fix the problem, but it's
aggravating none the less.

--pat